Faculty of Health Sciences
If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference in people's lives, you'll want to explore the possibilities within our Faculty of Health Sciences.
Careers in the health care sector are rewarding and challenging. Health sector personnel provide an essential service that meets very real and immediate needs.
Our Health Science graduates have found careers in dental offices, medical offices, labs and veterinary clinics. Clinicals and practicums are of the upmost importance in our Faculty and are included in each program. Our students apply the skills they learn in their field to real-life settings and integrate into the workforce quickly. It's not uncommon for students to move from their practicum placement directly into fulltime careers. We measure our success by how prepared and confident you are entering the workforce.
By limiting the number of seats in each program and ensuring an attentive student-to-instructor ratio, we’re able to train you quickly and completely. Individual attention and intensive curriculum means we can fully certify you in your chosen health care field in 9-20 months, instead of 2-4 years.
Committed to Excellence in Health Care
For more than a decade, Oulton College has been offering well-recognized diploma programs in the health care sector. Maintaining our level of success requires a constant investment in equipment, faculty and student resources:
- Our spacious and modern facilities feature industry-standard technologies.
- Our Dental Education Centre is well equipped with a complete 17-chair modern dental facility.
- Our Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting programs are both accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada.
- Our Dental Hygiene program has had over 95% success on national board exams.
- Our Pharmacy Technician program is accredited by the Canadian Counsel for Accreditation of Pharmacy programs.
- Our Veterinary Technician program is the only accredited program in NB.
- The Medical Laboratory Assistant program is accredited by the Canadian Medical Association.
- Our Licensed Practical Nurse program is accredited by the Association of New Brunswick Licensed Practical Nurses (ANBLPN).
- Health Care Support and Licensed Practical Nurse are two of our newest programs.
Graduates from the Programs in our Health Sciences Faculty can get careers in:
- Dental Offices
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Special Care Facilities
- Private Clinics
- Health Focused Corporations
- Phlebotomy Clinics
- Health & Wellness Clinics
- Emergency Medical Services
- Vision Care Centres
- Optomometrist's Offices
- Ophthalmologist's Offices
- Medical or Veterinary Clinics
Placement Rates for Oulton Faculty of Health Sciences Graduates:
- 2012 - 96%
- 2011 - 97%
- 2010 - 93%
- 2009 - 95%
- 2008 - 94%
Spotlight on Grads
Dental Hygienist, Hampton Dental